Thursday 18 September 2014

Compulsion - Martina Boone

Compulsion (The Heirs of Watson Island, #1)Compulsion by Martina Boone


My rating: 1 of 5 stars



First I have to say that I LOVE the cover. Whoever says that you do not judge a book by its' cover is wrong. The cover caught my attention then the blurb.

I had very high expectations for this book. The amazing reviews from some of my favorite authors made me want the book even more.

The book started off very average. Most books start off slow but get better as you progress. This book did not. The slow pace of this book was unbearable and I could not finish it. I got to Chapter 20 and stopped because it was not going anywhere.

The main character, Barrie, really got on my nerves. I could not connect with her and her decisions made me want to hit her. Seriously annoying. Eight was, however, very charming. Maybe a little too understanding but I did like him. I also love Pru. Her story was very well written.

It is very important to me that I am able to get engrossed into a book. I love reading everywhere and if that is not possible, even in a loud place, i know that the book is not for me. I was reading this in a quiet place and yet the smallest noise would distract me. I would find excuses not to read the book.

I would not recommend this book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment