Thursday 13 November 2014

Mara Dyer Series - Michelle Hodkin

So I finished the books....

This is going to be very short. Some of you may have read my review to the first book. This is an extension to that.

The second book was good, not as good as the first but still enjoyable.

The twists and turns did catch me off guard, but some you could just see coming and I was not that impressed.

I did not enjoy the ending of the third book. The cliffhanger in the second book did not leave me as distressed as I usually would be, since I knew I had the last book.

I felt as though the series just ended without giving any explanation into what happened next. In some cases it is okay. For example, the last book in the Breathing Series did have somewhat of an abrupt ending, but we knew that everything would be okay. With this book that did not happen. We were told bad things would happen, but that was never explored.

Overall, I did enjoy the story and the writing was very good. However, I feel as though the story was unfinished, therefore, making my experience less enjoyable. I would recommend these books, as I did like the series as a whole.

3.5/5 stars for the series as a whole.

Below are links to the Goodreads pages for each book.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Evolution of Mara Dyer

The Retribution of Mara Dyer

No comments:

Post a Comment