Monday 10 November 2014

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin

11408650

Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.It can. 
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong.
 I am very late reading this book. It has been on my TBR shelf for years, but I wanted the whole series to be out before I started. I have only started the book series today, reading the first book, and I LOVE IT. It is weird and wonderful. Mysterious and very entertaining. 

Mara Dyer is a very complex character. I love her strength but it also annoyed me at times. Her decisions were stupid, and you wanted to scream at her to listen, but she didn't. Instead of putting me off, it only fueled my hunger to read on. 

Noah, English, sexy, playboy. Classic male protagonist and I loved it. With a twist you don't see coming, his character is awesome. I have to say, not my favourite male ever, but he is up there. 

WARNING!?! THERE IS A CLIFFHANGER AT THE END OF THIS BOOK. 

I seem to be a sucker for books with cliffhangers. Most of the books that I read are series books, so the pain that comes it having to wait for a book to come out, is one I am familiar with.  Luckily I waited for all of the books in this series so I can start The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

4.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment